Thursday, August 6, 2015

Tyler and Brittany’s Colorado Mountain Wedding

Full disclosure: I’m a little bit gets interested Colorado – and I’m especially gets interested Colorado in the summer. Now include some mountain views, an incredible venue and a gorgeous, wedding dresses 2015 collection – not to mention a beautiful couple (full disclosure part two: the lovely bride, Brittany, is a co-worker and also, while we’re on the subject, I’m gets interested her Half Sleeve Ball Gown Wedding Dress. )#) We featured a video of this wedding a couple of months ago and I’m so thrilled to be able to share the details with you today. Thanks to Adam Pacheco Photography for these lovely photos! What were your favorite details from your wedding? There were a lot details I loved about our wedding. Tyler and I technically became a couple on a ski trip to Breckenridge so having the wedding there was very special to us. We knew we wanted a smaller wedding so after we found Rubywood and saw the incredible views we knew we had to book the house for the wedding.

The house can only hold about 75 guests so our we were only able to have our best friends and family in presence. It was great to see everyone come together for the celebration. Our families are both small so i wanted to do something special for our dances. Instead of doing the conventional father daughter and mother son dance we had our immediate family dance with their spouses. Before the wedding we had everyone write a quick story of how each couple met as well as their wedding song. After dinner we all went down on the patio right after sunset had our first dances. We started with my parents and we had one of the groomsmen read each love story as their song played in the background. Each song held up only a few minutes and after everyone danced Tyler and I took the dance floor and had our first dance as wife and husband. Our song was Amos Lee “Flower. ” Everyone loved to listen to all the love stories and the different twist on tradition..

 Tyler wasn’t really into the wedding planning but I need to to make sure there were some things that he loved there. He loves relaxing with a cigar so we decided to have a cigar bar during the reception. My mom loves antiques so she gathered several vintage cigar boxes and we had set them all up outside. The cigar bar was a huge hit with the men and some of the ladies even joined in on the fun. We actually had to lug the men into the house so one of these could join in on the dance party with the women. Did you have any DIY projects? I need to the wedding ceremony to be less stressful so i tried not to do many DIY projects. I hired great wedding professionals so i gave them ideas and let them use their expertise to create my vision. Being I had the chevron theme in mind I had hired you to definitely create my shower invitations and she created a B&T logo. I need to to logo used throughout the wedding so i also had her create special stickers for our mini champagne bottle wine bottles as well as for our sandwich wedding favors from Mary’s Mountain Cookies. After i received the stickers I placed them on the champagne bottle wine bottles as labels and I tied the greyish paper straws around the mini champagne bottle wine bottles for our champagne bottle cheers. We didn’t want the conventional wedding cake so we ordered mini bundt cakes from the Bundt Shoppe and we also wanted to have cake pops for our delicacy table. We looked around and then decided to ask Tyler’s mom if she was open to making cake pops being she is a nice baker.

 She had never made them (except a trial after we asked her) so she had a big task at hand. Luckily they arrived earlier to Colorado so his mom spent an entire day making four different cake pop flavors. All of our guests raved about how good they all were and many took handfuls for the road! How did you choose your color palette? When i first started planning my wedding I knew I need to to have greyish and white chevron. I’m actually slightly obsessed with chevron so i was hoping I wasn’t going to go overboard with the “theme. ” I also love coral so i knew I need to the wedding ceremony to have a have some coral as an accent. After speaking with my florist, Mike Perry Designs, he said there were many different shades so we went with coral and pink that complimented each other. Tyler wanted the inventors to wear greyish suits with navy ties and navy boat shoes so his fashion sense brought in the dark blue color. As i was shopping for my bridesmaid dresses we were looking for silver or greyish dresses, unfortunately we couldn’t find a dress that we liked and complimented my sisters so we decided on navy dresses as well. The attire was the only navy accessories but it did actually balance everything out nicely. What details were of the most extremely significance to you? I knew I need to to have both my mom and stepdad walk me down the church aisle. My mom and I are extremely close and she's got done so much for my sisters and I. She was a single parent for many years and has been through so much to support 3 daughters. When she met my stepdad many years ago he came in and was an incredible father figure to us girls. When the ceremony started my mom and I had a few minutes alone while the marriage walked down the church aisle which was a moment I’ll always remember. Once it was our turn we walked down the steps and we met my stepdad to walk me down other church aisle. I surely could hold it together until I saw Tyler. As soon as we saw each other both of us broke down and started weeping.

 Having been together for 7 years it hit us both that we were actually planning a wedding at the time. It was a fantastic ceremony that reproduced both our celebrities. My cousin in law also sang the song “You’re the One” that got everyone in tears. What was the most memorable part of your worktime? One of the most memorable area of the wedding was having our immediate family together. We are both originally from North Dakota and Minnesota so we don’t get to see our families as often as you want. My most well-known cousin and nieces actually live in the uk so we have not seen them for over couple of years. Thankfully we were holding all able to fly or drive out to Colorado for the wedding day. It was so nice to have everyone there and see why we love Colorado and Breckenridge in particular so much. We now scam that we need to have an annual wedding anniversary celebration at Rubywood. What advice would you offer to couples arranging a wedding? Enjoy your worktime and don’t stress!

 There are many times during planning the wedding ceremony that you are going to feel very overwhelmed with all the details. If you can, hire professionals to help you out and enquire relatives and buddies to help. When people offer to help, they truly want to take off some of the burden away from you and they want to make sure you are enjoying the process. Make sure you have been through all details with your wedding professionals and your family and friends that are helping with the setup. On your special day you should be relaxed and special. Today is all about you as a couple and the last thing you should be thinking about is if the napkin is determined correctly. The guests will never notice if things are slightly out of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment